In Gear Cycling and Fitness is a family-owned bicycle and fitness store that has been in business since 1971. Sandy and Frank Kocevar began with one location named Ski-Ko. The business grew to three locations with the purchase of two existing bike shops, The Spoke House in Hummelstown, PA and John's Schwinn Cyclery in Cleona, PA.
1994 was a big year for change and expansion. The Spoke House and Ski-Ko combined and moved to a brand new 12,000 square-foot facility located in Hummelstown, PA, the business name was changed to In Gear Cycling & Fitness and Scott Kocevar became store manager. John's Schwinn's name was officially changed to In Gear Cycling & Fitness and the facility was upgraded to accommodate the expanded inventory.
Our goal is to promote cycling for people of all ages, the recreational rider to the professional racer, as not only a means of exercise, but also a great way to have fun with family and friends.
Our Reputation -- Awards
- Velobusiness "Top 100 Dealer" - 1999 (ranked 43rd in the country)
- North American Bicyclist's "North America's Best Retailer" - 1999
- Trek's 3rd largest dealer in Pennsylvania - 1999
- Cannondale's 4th largest dealer in Pennsylvania - 1999
- NSPA certified personal trainer on staff (Scott Kocevar)
Committees: (The committees below are by invitation only and involve only a small group of select individuals from the nation's top dealers.)
- Cyclops 2003 Advisory Board
- Schwinn 2001 DIG (Dealer Insight Group)
- Schwinn 1999 Fitness Advisory Board
- Trek 2000 BMX and Juvenile Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Hershey Partnership
- Susquehanna Alliance
- Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Youth baseball team sponsor